Every year, millions of unwanted dogs and cats are euthanized. But, the responsible pet owners can definitely change the situation and make a difference. You can prevent the birth of unwanted puppies and kitten by having your pets (dogs or cats) sterilized. Spaying and neutering is an ideal way to prevent unwanted litters and control many other behavioral issues associated with dogs and cats.
Spaying/neutering helps dogs and cats live longer and healthier lives. It eliminates or reduces the incidence of various health issues that are sometimes difficult or expensive to treat. Early spaying/neutering can protect your dogs and cats from some serious health problems. It reduces the breeding instinct and make them less inclined to roam. Your pets stay calm and more connected to home.
Benefits of Spaying (females):
- No heat cycles, therefore males will not be attracted
- Less desire to roam
- Reduces the risk of breast, ovarian and/or uterine cancer
Benefits of Neutering (males):
- Reduces many aggression problems such as dog bites
- Eliminates the chances of spraying and marking the territory
- Less desire to roam, therefore the chances of injury in traffic and fights with other males are less
The procedure is simple and will have no effect on the physical and mental condition of your pets. In most cases the pets tend to be better behaved and become the most desirable companions.
Spay/Neuter Benefits For Pet Owners
- Spayed/neutered pets are more calm and affectionate than the pets who are not spayed/neutered.
- It prevents the undesirable behaviors including, spraying, marking and fighting.
- Spaying a dog or cat eliminates her heat cycle and they do not produce unwanted puppies and kittens.
- Neutering reduces the pet's desire to roam and escape in search of a mate.
- It decreases the risk of injury in traffic, fights with other pets. You avoid the cost and grief of a lost pet.
- Spaying keeps the unwelcome male animals away from your premises.
When to spay or neuter
Consult our veterinarians at Humberwood Animal hospital to know the most appropriate time or age to spay or neuter your pet. Our veterinarians aim to provide quality spay or neuter services at the lowest possible cost. We will be more than happy to help your pets stay healthy and happy.