A pet lover feels disgusting when comes to know that his/her pet has fond of eating the deer, racoon, rabbit or wildlife poop. No doubt, it is really a matter to worry about your lovely pet. But, you have to find out why your dog is doing so. Is your dog get sick? There are diseases and parasites behind this act of your dog.
This habit of your dog can lead to the various health issue. It is called coprophagia when your dog shows the ingestion of poop. The disease is common in dogs and can be treated well, so, you don’t need to worry at all. Here is a complete guide for coprophagia.
- Anxiety: Some dogs feel too much alone and then lead to perform various damaging, compulsive and destructive acts including coprophagia.
- Health Issues: Pancreatic problems, cushing’s diseases, diabetes, infection, parasites and malabsorption of key nutrients are the physical reasons behind the pets coprophagia.
- Interest: Some dogs simply interested to the wildlife poop.
Impact Of Wildlife Poop
- Bacteria such as salmonella, antibotic-resistant E. coli and campylobacter.
- Intestinal parasites
- Intestinal troubles
How To Prevent Your Pet From Coprophagia
- Always monitor your pet and keep it on a leash.
- Don’ allow your dog to find the wildlife feces in the around area.
- Make sure to check the yard should be cleaned and free from any wildlife feces.
- Make sure, you have completed the necessary vaccinations of your pet.
Moreover, you can visit the Humberwood Animal Hospital for the veterinary services in Toronto. The vet specialist will help you in providing a healthy life to your pet.