Keep your furry friends healthy and happy with care from Humberwood Animal hospital!
For years, pet owners in Etobicoke have trusted our knowledgeable team for quality pet healthcare services. Our team’s consistent goal is to treat your dog or cat as if he or she were our own. The staff at our Hospital is warm and friendly, well-experienced in making dogs and cats feel comfortable during their vet visits.
We can’t wait to meet your furry friend and help you safeguard his or her health.
Spaying & Neutering
Spaying/neutering your pet is one of the best decisions you’ll take to extend his or her life expectancy. Not only does this procedure prevent you from finding homes for an unwanted litter of puppies or kittens, it can also decrease levels of animal aggression and minimize the likelihood of contracting certain canine and feline diseases.
It’s beneficial for your pet…
- Spaying/neutering helps increase the life expectancy of dogs and cats, and also promote healthier lives by eliminating or minimizing the incidence of certain health problems that can be very difficult and/or expensive to treat.
- It is always recommended spaying your female pet before she goes into heat for the first time. This minimizes the risk of breast cancer and completely eliminates the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer in your female pet.
- Neutered males will not develop testicular cancer and the risk for developing prostate cancer is significantly reduced.
It’s beneficial for you…,
- Spayed/neutered pets are, typically, well behaved and more calm and loving than those that are not spayed/neutered.
- Male dogs and cats are less likely to spray urine and mark their territory, especially if neutered before developing this habit.
- Spaying female dogs and cats eliminates their heat cycle, thereby eliminating regular bleeding, and the constant crying and nervous behavior that often follows the heat cycle.
- Neutering reduces your pet’s desire to escape and roam the neighborhood in search of a mate. This reduces the risk of fights, death caused by getting hit by vehicles, and lost or stolen pets. You avoid the cost and sorrow of a lost pet.
- Spaying keeps uninvited male animals away.
It’s beneficial for the community…
- Millions of dollars are spent to control unwanted animals
- Spay/neuter reduces the homeless animal population. Rescue shelters are full of homeless animals, and there are not enough shelters to keep all of them
- Spay/neuter reduces the number of strays, which often get involved in animal bites and attacks, car accidents, damage to private property, and more
- Stray animals are also involved in scaring away and killing wildlife and other pet animals
Spaying and Neutering will not
- alter your pet’s personality
- Make them obese and lazy. Too much food and lack of exercise is the culprit here!
Why Choose Our Spay/Neuter Clinic?
The team at Humberwood Animal hospital specializes in providing spays and neuters for dogs and cats. This procedure helps control the general pet population by reducing the number of homeless pets. Spaying and neutering has others health benefits for your pets, including increased life expectancy and wellbeing. Spayed and neutered dogs and cats are typically less aggressive and follow training. In light of these facts, our Hospital tries to keep the spaying and neutering costs down in order to help the pet owners in Etobicoke keep their pets healthy without breaking their budget.
While in our care, your pet will be treated like a member of our own family. Our experienced team’s goal is to get your pet through the surgery safely and effectively. At Humberwood Animal hospital, we specialize in spaying and neutering.